joi, 21 martie 2013

A few thoughts on "Balkan Traditions"

I have decided to write this post in English, which is extremely unusual for me. At first I was planning to make two versions of it, an English and a Romanian one, but then I figured there's no need. This was a project by Youth Xperience and House of Culture Nadejda, Bulgaria.

Let me start by telling you briefly what this post is about. About a month ago, I joined a youth exchange on the theme of Balkan traditions. However, I was reluctant at first, although eager to meet new people, as I'm a very sociable person [although one wouldn't say that by reading my blog]. What I was expecting: nothing much, really, I went there open-minded and open-hearted, ready to find great things and great people. What actually happened: too much to be put in just one post. Briefly, however, friendships were tied, language skills were developed, ALL skills were developed and a lot of time was wasted on the way there and back.


It wasn't so much the activities that made this project awesome, but the people. On the same theme and having the same activities, others would have done it differently, but definitely not better than us. :-) All I can say is that I really can't wait to return and I truly miss my friends!













You can see the rest of the photos here.

0 comentarii: